Do you love french fries? Is it Fryday??? Well then you, my friends, are in for a real treat!
As cities all around the nation eagerly celebrate French Fry Friday with platefuls of America’s favorite way to consume potatoes, it seemed only fitting to share with you a few fun french fry facts for you to ponder with your fellow fry guys while you wallow in the crisp deliciousness that today holds oh so dear…
- Right off the bat, let’s all just agree that McDonald’s french fries are pretty much the best french fries you can put in your mouth. Come to think of it, from McDonald’s they’re pretty much the only thing you actually want to put in your mouth…
- Just because french fries are the same diameter as your nose does not mean that they belong there.
- In 1802, founding father Thomas Jefferson had french fries served at a White House dinner and you can be damn sure that he never put any of them up his presidential nose!
- There are many different kinds of french fries – straight, curly, bi-curious, waffle, and freedom, just to name a few. Freedom Fries will claim to be the best – usually without even being asked, but sometimes they’re not.
- People in the United Kingdom call their fries “chips” … which is kind of weird, isn’t it?
- Americans on average eat 29 pounds of french fries each year. Not all at once, mind you – most space them out over several meals.
- If you were to lay a year’s worth of french fries end on end all the way around the world, a lot of them would probably get really soggy and it would be a tremendous waste of french fries.
- There’s a long-running dispute that Belgians, not the French, actually invented french fries. They even have an entire museum dedicated to french fries. Those Belgians are a wacky bunch, aren’t they?!
So go out and fully embrace French Fry Friday by enjoying a large plate of fries for every meal! As long as you don’t do it the other 364 days of the year, it probably won’t give you diabetes…